Minor and Major Joint Injections/Arthograms
At Acute & Chronic Pain and Spine Center, we offer a variety of joint injections designed to treat pain, reduce inflammation, and diagnose joint pain conditions. Our treatments help to restore movement and reduce pain in knees, shoulders, hips, ankles, and other joints in the body. The goal is to stop the pain, restore function, improve range of motion and resume daily activities.
Joint injections are common treatments used to reduce stiffness and pain in joints caused by inflammation and arthritis. The most common joints that can benefit from an injection include knees, shoulders,hips and sacro-iliac joints.
Conditions Treated With Joint Injections
- Knee or shoulder osteoarthritis and tendon tears.
- Frozen shoulder or Adhesive capsulitis.
- Sacro-iliac (SI) joint pain.
- Hip osteoarthritis.
- Ankle pain.
- Wrist pain.
Typical Benefits of Joint Injections
Joint injections are simple and safe procedures that can potentially help you avoid surgery. Some of the benefits include:
- Near immediate pain relief and return to normal activities.
- Anti-inflammatory properties decrease swelling in the joint.
- No need to take oral medication which can have side effects.
- A great diagnostic tool for identifying the underlying source of pain.
- Restore range of motion.
- Restore function and allow for more effective Physical Therapy course.
- Avoidance of surgery.